Motability Scheme Eligibility Explained
This blog post is predominantly about the eligibility process surrounding Motability, so if you would like to know more about the Motability Scheme before reading this post then please click on the link below which will open up our Motability page in a new tab.
Motability Scheme Eligibility
Who can join the Motability Scheme?
- The Motability Scheme enables disabled people to get mobile by exchanging their mobility allowance to lease a new car, scooter or powered wheelchair.
- There are four allowances that qualify; three of the allowances are subject to a clear 12 month remaining on the allowance whereas the fourth type of allowance automatically qualifies the holder eligible to apply to join the Motability Scheme.
- For full details on the eligibility criteria (requirements) then please follow our easy-to-follow two step, Motability Eligibility Check List below
Leyshon Flint and Sons have created a Motability Scheme Check List to help you or someone you care about to clearly identify whether you are eligible to apply to join the Motability Scheme.
Motability Eligibility Check List Leyshon Flint and Sons
You only have to meet two criterion to be eligible to apply to join the Motability Scheme
CRITERIA ONE: Which allowance do your receive?
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
What if I do not receive any of the above allowances?
- If you do not receive any of the four listed above then you do not appear to be eligible to apply to join the Motability Scheme at this time.
If you have the Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP) allowance you can apply to join the Motability Scheme
If you answer Yes to any of the first 3 allowances (as listed above) then move on to Criteria Two
CRITERIA TWO: Do you have 12 Months of your allowance remaining?
- If Yes you can apply to join the Motability Scheme
- You can apply to join the Motability Scheme if you hold the fourth allowance in criteria one
How do I join the Motability Scheme?
To apply to join the Motability Scheme please Contact Leyshon Flint and Sons on: 08458508996